January 26, 2012
Torex Reports Year End Results
(All amounts expressed in Canadian Dollars unless otherwise stated)
TORONTO, Ontario, January 26, 2012 — Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX:TXG) announced today its financial results for the year ended October 31, 2011. YEAR END 2011 HIGHLIGHTS
- The Company continued to encounter significant and high-grade gold mineralization in step-out and infill drilling on all known deposits during the year
- The successful 2011 drill results from all three of the known gold deposits north of the Balsas River are expected to extend the known gold mineralization and add significant ounces to the global resource
- Mineral resource estimate modelling for the north of the Balsas River deposits commenced subsequent to the year end with the final mineral resource estimates expected to be completed by the end of March 2012
- Project development work advanced across a number of sectors, including feasibility level engineering, preparations for environmental permitting, and preparations to secure water rights
- Given the continued positive results of the infill and step out drilling at the deposits north of the Balsas River and the extensive high quality engineering already completed to date, the Company made the decision to advance directly to a feasibility study, which is expected to be completed by the end of June 2012
- The development of the Morelos Gold Project remains on target and commissioning is expected by the end of calendar 2014
- One-year surface access agreements were successfully renewed with the Rio Balsas, Puente Sur Balsas and Real Del Limon Ejidos
- Long-term land lease agreement negotiations with the Rio Balsas Ejido began during fiscal 2011 resulting in the signing of 30-year lease agreements in December 2011
- Long-term land lease agreements with the Real Del Limon Ejido are under active negotiations
- Negotiation of road allowances for the east service road commenced
- Work resumed at the Morelos Gold Project following a temporary suspension of on-site activities during the second quarter of fiscal 2011
- The Company resumed drilling south of the Balsas River on high potential gold targets during the fourth calendar quarter of 2011
- Gross Proceeds of $77.8 million received subsequent to the year end, resulting from the exercise of warrants and compensation options
- James Crombie was appointed to the board of directors
- The Company hired Alejandro Kakarieka as its new Vice-President of Exploration and Corporate Development
The net loss for the year ended October 31, 2011 increased to $27.3 million compared with a net loss of $16.4 million for 2010. Exploration and project development expenditures totalled $24.6 million compared with $5.9 million in 2010. This increase was partially offset due to a year-over-year decrease in stock-based compensation. The Company’s cash position decreased by $26.5 million during the year ended October 31, 2011 compared with an increase of $58.3 million in 2010. At October 31, 2011, the Company had $322.8 million in assets including $36.2 million of cash and had a working capital balance of $36.3 million.
A complete set of the Company’s audited consolidated Financial Statements and related Notes for the year ended October 31, 2011 and Management’s Discussion and Analysis will be posted on the Company’s website at www.torexgold.com
and will be filed on Sedar at www.sedar.com
Torex Gold Resources Inc. is a well funded, growth-oriented, Canadian mining company engaged in the exploration and development of precious metal resources with a focus on gold. It owns 100% of the Morelos Gold Project, an advanced stage gold exploration property, located 180km southwest of Mexico City in the highly prospective Morelos Gold Belt. The project covers an area of 29,000ha of which more than 75% remains unexplored.
For further information, please contact:
TOREX GOLD RESOURCES INC.
President and CEO
Tel.: (647) 260-1502
Vice President Investor Relations
Tel.: (647) 260-1503
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgCAUTIONARY NOTE REGARDING FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
This press release contains “forward looking statements” and “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking information includes, but is not limited to, information with respect to future exploration and development plans concerning the Morelos Gold Project, including expected timing for mobilizing drills on the project, expected drilling results and the timing within which the Company expects to receiving drilling results, anticipated timing for the completion of a pre-feasibility study and other technical studies on the project. Generally, forward-looking information can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “plans”, “expects”, “estimates”, “intends”, “anticipates” or “believes” or variations of such words and phrases or state that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might”, or “will be taken”, “occur”, or “be achieved”. Forward-looking information is based on the reasonable assumptions, estimates, analysis and opinions of management made at the date that such statements are made. Forward-looking information is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, level of activity, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information, including the risk factors disclosed elsewhere in the Company’s public disclosure. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. The forward-looking information contained herein is presented for the purposes of assisting investors in understanding the Company’s expected financial and operating performance and the Company’s plans and objectives and may not be appropriate for other purposes. The Company does not undertake to update any forward-looking information, except in accordance with applicable securities laws.
You can view the Next News item:March 21st, 2012, Torex Signs Final Long-Term Ejido Land Lease Agreement at Morelos
You can view the Previous News item:January 19th, 2012, Torex Step-Out Drilling Continues To Add To The Global Resource With High Grade Intercepts
Back to the main News page, or press the Back button on your browser.