February 10, 2010

Gleichen Signs Agreement to Own 100% Interest in Morelos Gold Project

Toronto, February 10, 2010, Gleichen Resources Ltd. (TSXV-GRL) (“Gleichen” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with Desarrollos Mineros San Luis, S.A. de C.V., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Goldcorp Inc.(“DMSL”), to acquire all of the shares in the capital of Minera Media Luna, S.A. de C.V. (“MML”) held by DMSL, representing 21.2% of the issued and outstanding shares of MML, for Cdn$52,000,000 payable in cash. Gleichen currently holds the other 78.8% of the issued and outstanding shares of MML through its subsidiary TGRXM S.A. de C.V. MML is a joint venture company and the registered holder of a 100% interest in the Morelos gold project in Mexico (the “Morelos Project”).

Completion of the transaction is subject to a financing condition in favour of Gleichen and other customary terms and conditions, including stock exchange approvals. The acquisition is expected to close on or about February 26, 2010.
Gleichen Resources Ltd., is a well funded, growth oriented Canadian mining company engaged in the exploration and development of precious metal resources with a focus on gold. It owns 78.8% of the Morelos Project, an advanced stage gold exploration property, located 180km southwest of Mexico City and has exercised its right of first refusal to acquire the remaining 21.2%. The Company trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GRL. The Company’s Board of Directors has approved a change of the Company’s name to Torex Gold Resources Inc., pending approval at its next annual and special meeting of shareholders.

For further information, please contact:

Fred Stanford
President and CEO
Tel. (647) 260-1502
Email: fred.stanford@gleichenresourcesltd.com

Gabriela M. Sanchez
Vice President Investor Relations
Tel. (647) 260-1503
Email: gabriela.sanchez@gleichenresourcesltd.com

Neither TSXV nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSXV) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

This press release contains “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation. Generally, forward-looking information can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “plans”, “expects”, or “does not expect”, “is expected”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “intends”, “anticipates”, or “does not anticipate”, or “believes” or variations of such words and phrases or state that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might”, or “will be taken”, “occur”, or “be achieved”. Forward-looking information is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information. Forward-looking information is based on the reasonable assumptions and opinions of management made in light of its experience and its perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances at the date that such statements are made, but which may prove to be incorrect. Although the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in forward-looking information, there may be other factors that cause results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. The Company does not undertake to update any forward-looking information, except in accordance with applicable securities laws.

You can view the Next News item:February 24th, 2010, Gleichen Completes $50 Million Equity Financing and Commences Trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange

You can view the Previous News item:February 4th, 2010, Gleichen Announces CDN$50,000,000 Bought Deal Financing

Back to the main News page, or press the Back button on your browser.