Mining Engineer Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: June 19, 2018
Torex is an emerging intermediate gold producer based in Canada, engaged in the exploration, development and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. Within this property, Torex has the El Limón-Guajes Mine, which announced commercial production in March of 2016, and the Media Luna Project, which is in an early stage of development and for which the Company issued a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) in 2015. The property remains 75% unexplored.
El Limon-Guajes, our first mine, commenced production in 2016. This high grade, open pit gold mine has proven and probable reserves of 39.8 million ounces of gold at a grade of 2.59 gpt gold for a reserve of 3.3 Moz of gold. This year, we proudly saw production increase by starting underground works.
In 2017 a maiden resource for the Sub-Sill deposit was released with 324,000 Inferred gold ounces and 89,000 Indicated gold ounces, at a cut-off grade of 2.5g/t Au. The Inferred resource is contained in 1.33 million tonnes at an average Au grade of 7.58 g/t. The Indicated resource is contained in 353,000 tonnes at an average Au grade of 7.82 g/t. The Sub-Sill deposit is located in close proximity to the Company’s ELG processing plant and is currently be explored from underground. The ELG mine along with the addition of the Sub Sill resource provides an excellent platform for production and growth.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Director of Technical services, the Mining Engineer will be a pivotal team member of our engineering team. The purpose of this position is to deliver timely technical documents at the appropriate quality for the ELG Open Pit Mine.
- Create the following technical documents for the ELG Open Pit Mine;
- Develop Standards, Process Maps and Check Lists for ELG Open Pit Mines.
- Other processes as required to support mine operations.
- Functional Support of the ELG Open Pit Mine Technical Services Team
- Participate in Ad-hoc Technical Requirements of the company: Examples include external project/operations reviews, metallurgical testing, implementing new technology, industry best practices.
- Mining or Geological Engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience working within the Mining Industry – Operational experience preferred
- Experience with projects in the development stage
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent in English, and Spanish is an asset
- Underground experience preferred
- Detailed, thorough and systematic in collecting data
- Experience working with Mine planning and scheduling software, Surpac experience preferred
- Demonstrates team leadership and team membership behaviours
- Handles confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Capable of identifying trends and patterns in financial data and if required, articulating any critical issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
If you are a qualified and experienced engineering professional, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Mining Engineer”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.