Mine Services & Infrastructure Engineer Toronto, Canada
Date Posted: April 6, 2020
Torex Gold is an intermediate gold producer based in Toronto Canada, engaged in the exploration, development, and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes Mining Complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”) and the Media Luna deposit.
The ELG Mine Complex is a 14,000 tpd gold mine which has been in production since 2016 and comprises three open pits, an underground mine, and a CN/CIP processing plant. The Media Luna deposit (“ML deposit”) is an advanced stage development project which is located 7 kilometers south of the ELG Complex.
Concurrent with work on the Morelos Property, Torex is developing a new underground mining system called Muckahi. The Muckahi Mining System is currently undergoing field trials at the ELG UG mine. This mining system could significantly reduce the cost of underground mining giving Torex an incredible technical advantage in the industry.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Director, Resource Management & Mine Engineering, the Mine Services & Infrastructure Engineer will be a pivotal team member of the Media Luna Project team. The purpose of the role is to design the Mine services and infrastructure for the Media Luna deposit for use in the Feasibility Study.
Key Deliverables of this Role:
- Design of mine service systems and infrastructure required to support the development and mining of the Media Luna Mine using Muckahi mining methodology. Mine Service Systems and infrastructure include and account for:
- Primary ventilation and ventilation on demand
- Mine process water
- Underground electrical power distribution
- Mobile fleet power
- Compressed air
- Backfill plant distribution and plant
- Maintenance infrastructure
- Determine the amount of and create process flow diagrams for the operation of mine service systems
- Determine the amount of and create General Arrangements, long sections, technical specifications, infrastructure layouts, detailed infrastructure drawings, distribution system layouts and material take-offs for all mine service systems and infrastructure.
- Create selection process for determining the best available technologies to support the mine service systems and infrastructure
- Create an Energy Management Plan
- Development of Mine Service and Infrastructure cost model for development and operation of the Media Luna Mine: Capital costs for installation and expansion of mining systems and infrastructure designed for the ML Mine.
- Operating costs for operation of the mine service systems and infrastructure used in the ML Mine plan
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- University degree in Mining or Mechanical engineering.
- Deep knowledge of Underground Mine Service and Infrastructure Design.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Underground Mine Service and Infrastructure design.
- Experience in Underground Mine Service and Infrastructure construction
- Experience working on Feasibility Study Teams and Project Teams
- Experience dealing with consultants, industry experts, Original Equipment manufacturers (OEM) and internal clients/stakeholders.
- Underground mine electrical, services, electrical, comms/IT/automation, ventilation and backfill.
- Mine studies: conceptual, feasibility and trade off.
- Creating issue for construction work packages for procurement processes.
- Bilingual in Spanish is not mandatory, but it will be considered an asset.
If you are a qualified and experienced engineering professional, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com Please include in the subject line “Mine Services & Infrastructure Engineer”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.