Mine Design Engineer Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: April 22, 2020
Torex Gold is an intermediate gold producer based in Toronto Canada, engaged in the exploration, development, and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes Mining Complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”) and the Media Luna deposit.
The ELG Mine Complex is a 14,000 tpd gold mine which has been in production since 2016 and comprises three open pits, an underground mine, and a CN/CIP processing plant. The Media Luna deposit (“ML deposit”) is an advanced stage development project which is located 7 kilometers south of the ELG Complex.
Concurrent with work on the Morelos Property, Torex is developing a new underground mining system called Muckahi. The Muckahi Mining System is currently undergoing field trials at the ELG UG mine. This mining system could significantly reduce the cost of underground mining giving Torex an incredible technical advantage in the industry.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Director, Resource Management & Mine Engineering, the Mine Design Engineer will be a pivotal team member of the Media Luna Project team.
Key Deliverables of this Role:
- Mine Engineering for development and operation of the Media Luna Mine utilizing Muckahi mining systems
- Mine design
- Mine access
- Mine sequencing and scheduling
- Ground control
- Paste backfill
- Mine ventilation.
- Accountable for: Designs for mine development (mine access, on level development, in ore development and development for mine infrastructure), Mobile equipment selection, Design of production areas (including mining method selection, stope sizing, dilution and recovery estimations), Cut off grade determination, justification of mine scheduling and sequencing constraints and rates
- Design ground support standards for all mine openings
- Build geomechanical model and assess mine production sequence and stope sizing
- Create General Arrangements, mine long section, level layouts and specification drawings for mine development, production areas and development for infrastructure.
- Determine optimal location of ventilation and portal openings
- Interactive involvement with OEM/Designers of the Muckahi to understand and “optimize “mining with the Muckahi systems
- Development of Mine development and production cost model for development and operation of the Media Luna Mine: Capital and operating costs for mine development, infrastructure development and extraction of production areas for the life of Media Luna mine.
- University degree in Mine Engineering
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Mining Industry
- Deep knowledge of Underground Mine Design, Scheduling and Evaluations
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with Deswik mine design software
- Deep understanding and experience in Underground Mine Design and Scheduling
- Experience with Underground mine studies and financial models
- Experience in process flow design
- Past exposure leading the Mine design area of a Feasibility Study, or direct experience in the teams involved in such studies.
- Experience dealing with consultants, industry experts, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and internal clients/stakeholders.
- Familiar with Mining method selection and stope design
- Mine Ventilation and Paste Backfill
- General knowledge in underground mine electrical, ventilation, services, IT/comms/automation.
- Spanish is an asset but not a requirement
- Proven knowledge and participation in Mine studies (conceptual, feasibility and trade off)
If you are a qualified and experienced engineering professional, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Mine Design Engineer”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.