Manager, Technical Services Guerrero, Mexico
Date Posted: June 8, 2020
Torex Gold is an intermediate gold producer based in Toronto Canada, engaged in the exploration, development, and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes Mining Complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”) and the Media Luna deposit.
The ELG Mine Complex is a 14,000 t/day gold mine which has been in production since 2016 and comprises three open pits, an underground mine, and a CN/CIP processing plant. The Media Luna deposit (“ML deposit”) is an advanced stage development project which is located 7 kilometers south of the ELG Complex.
Torex is also developing a ground-breaking underground mining system called the Muckahi Mining System. The Muckahi Mining System is expected to deliver a considerable reduction in Cap Ex and Op Ex, and an even greater reduction in time between initial capital investment and revenue generation.
The Manager, Technical Services position is based at our mine site in Mexico and reports to the General Manager. The purpose of the role is to provide the Operations team with plans that will deliver the targeted mining results. The Technical Services Manager is responsible for all aspects of technical services for the El Limon/Guajes mine (ELG) including surveying, geology, mine planning, costing, and geotechnical work. This work includes optimization and delivery of the mine plan in conjunction with the mine operational team to safely produce the ore forecasted in the Life of Mine Plan. This role is also accountable for the design and completion of all near mine exploration.
- Mine Planning
- Short Range Mining Plan
- Open Pit Blasting protocol
- Mine Geology
- Near Mine Exploration Program
- Annual update of the Geological Reserves and Resource statement
- Reconciliation of the ore body performance versus the block model
- Performance Tracking
- Rolling weekly production report and 3 week forecast
- Performance reporting
- Waste Dump assessment, design and management plan
- Rock fall hazard management protocol
- Minimum of 12 to 15 years of relevant experience, in productive mining environments
- Experience in international companies with exposure to multicultural environments is required
- Experience in developing teams: recruiting team members, coaching and feedback, evaluation of performance and delegation of tasks
- Experience in both open pit and underground operations, covering the following work areas:
- All planning aspects at the mine (i.e. short-term planning, forecasting)
- Preparing and tracking to Operations Budget physicals and participating in budget costing
- Exposed to geology processes and geological resources
- Experience going through a process of evaluation and stabilization of technical standards and processes
- Experience in waste and tailings storage facility management is required
- Experience in the design and constructions of reports
- Experience managing and administrating external consultants and contractors
- Experience in gold mining is preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English is required
- High standards regarding safety relative to industry practice
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling skills for geological processes
- Skilled at using spreadsheets, cash flow models, graphics/graphs
- Familiar with Mine planning software (MineSight preferred)
- Familiar with Hexagon or a similar fleet management system
- Degree in Mining Engineering
If you are a qualified and experienced engineering professional, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Manager, Technical Services”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.