Manager, Technical Services Guerrero, Mexico
Date Posted: July 3, 2018
Torex is an emerging intermediate gold producer based in Canada, engaged in the exploration, development and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. Within this property, Torex has the El Limón-Guajes Mine, which announced commercial production in March of 2016, and the Media Luna Project, which is in an early stage of development and for which the Company issued a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) in 2015. The property remains 75% unexplored.
El Limon-Guajes, our first mine, commenced production in 2016. This high grade, open pit gold mine has proven and probable reserves of 39.8 million ounces of gold at a grade of 2.59 gpt gold for a reserve of 3.3 Moz of gold. This year, we also produced from underground, the Sub-Sill deposit has indicated resources of 353,000 tonnes at an average Au grade of 7.82 g/t. The ELG mine including the Sub Sill resource provides an excellent platform for production and growth.
The Manager, Technical Services position is based at our mine site in Mexico and reports to the General Manager. The purpose of the role is to provide the Operations team with plans that will deliver the targeted mining results.
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for all aspects of technical services for the El Limon/Guajes mine (ELG) including surveying, geology, mine planning, costing, and geotechnical.
This work includes optimization and delivery of the mine plan in conjunction with the mine operational team to safely produce the ore forecasted in the Life of Mine Plan. This role is also accountable for the design and completion of all near mine exploration.
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, in productive mining environments
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English is required
- Must have experience in both open pit and underground operations, covering the following work areas:
- Operational environment
- Responsible for all planning aspects at the mine (i.e. short-term planning, forecasting)
- Responsibility for preparing and tracking to Operations Budget physicals and participating in budget costing
- Must be able to assess and implement planning and geological processes
Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience using Mine planning software (MineSight preferred)
- Familiar with Spreadsheets, cash flow models, Graphics/graphs and Hexagon (or similar fleet management system)
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills
- Exposed to geology processes and geological resources
- High quality standards regarding safety
- Experience in the design and constructions of reports
- Review and monitor data tracked in those reports
- Experience in waste and tailings storage facility management
- Experience putting together a team, participating in the recruitment process, coaching and feedback, evaluation of performance and delegation of tasks
- Experience in gold mining is preferred
- Proven experience managing and administrating external consultants and contractors
If you are a qualified and experienced engineering professional, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com Please include in the subject line “Manager, Technical Services”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.