Manager, Supply Chain Toronto, Ontario or Guerrero, Mexico
Date Posted: June 6, 2019
Torex Gold is an intermediate gold producer based in Toronto Canada, engaged in the exploration, development, and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes Mining Complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”) and the Media Luna deposit.
The ELG Mine Complex is a 14,000 tpd gold mine which has been in production since 2016 and which comprises three open pits, an underground mine, and a CN/CIP processing plant.The Media Luna deposit (“ML deposit”) is an advanced stage development project which is located 7 kilometers south of the ELG Complex.
Concurrent with work on the Morelos Property, Torex has also developed a new underground mining system called Muckahi.The Muckahi Mining System is currently undergoing field trials at the ELG UG mine.This mining system could significantly reduce the cost of underground mining for Torex.
The Manager, Supply Chain will be a member of the Corporate Operations team reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.The purpose of this role is to operate a Supply Chain Management system to achieve the maximum benefit for the minimum cost to MML for the goods and services provided by external parties. The role will be based in our head office in Toronto, Canada, or in our mine site in Guerrero, Mexico.
Key Deliverables of this Role:
- Implement a Vendor Selection system to maximize the ratio of benefits to costs/risks of vendor contracts
- Implement a Vendor Management system to guide the management of vendor performance according to the negotiated terms and conditions of agreements
- Implement a Contract Monitoring system to monitor the execution of contracts against cost, health, safety, environment, and quality requirements
- Develop corporate standards, policies, and processes for supply chain management activities
- Negotiate contracts to acquire terms and conditions that satisfy the company’s requirements
- Restructure existing service contracts with vendors to maximize dollar value on contracts
- Manage the logistics for physical delivery, warehousing, and distribution of goods to support the timely production of gold
- Lead a team of over 25 people who are accountable for procurement of goods and services and inventory management of physical goods
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, finance, law, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in supply chain management in mining, construction or similar industries
- Three to five years of experience working at a managerial level in corporate organizations
Knowledge & Skills:
- Business Spanish language fluency is required
- Experience leading process improvement projects
- Experience negotiating contracts in Mexico would be an asset
- Experience managing a warehouse
- Knowledge of equipment and materials common to Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects
- Experience in operational and unionized environments
If you are a qualified HR or Business professional, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com and include in the subject line “Manager, Supply Chain.”
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.