Manager, People Development & Performance Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: May 14, 2018
Torex is an intermediate gold producer based in Canada, engaged in the exploration, development and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes mining complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”), comprised of the El Limón, Guajes and El Limón Sur open pits, the El Limón Guajes underground mine including zones referred to as Sub-Sill, El Limón Deep and 71, and the processing plant and related infrastructure, which is in the commercial production stage as of April 1, 2016, and the Media Luna deposit, which is an early stage development project, and for which the Company issued a preliminary economic assessment in 2015. The property remains 75% unexplored.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Director, Organizational Effectiveness, the Manager, People Development & Performance will be a member of the Corporate HR team. The purpose of the role is to provide Company-wide systems to support the development of ‘people’ capability, so that Team Leaders and Team Members are trained and developed in the social process skills needed to continuously improve operational performance.
Key Deliverables of This Role
- Lead the design, development and implementation of the Company’s social training program, including all necessary skills development modules/interventions for Team Members and Team Leaders.
- Provide group workshops and individual coaching on social process skills areas, aligned with the roll-out of People Systems (e.g. Performance Planning, Performance Review, etc.).
- Train and educate the management team in the concepts and principles of employee development.
- Select and manage a database of providers that the Company can call on for training delivery or facilitation.
- Provide quality control of any training delivery associated with people/social process skills.
- In alignment with our HR strategy, develop a curriculum of workshops and training/learning interventions on all relevant social/people skills areas.
- Plan and coordinate a company-wide Learning & Development (L&D) calendar for social skills training.
- Develop and manage the implementation, monitoring and review of Train-the-Trainer programs.
- Facilitate the development and ongoing support of an internal community of ‘social trainers’ and facilitators.
- Be the subject matter expert in the technical knowledge and skills of social training and development.
- Support the design of Performance Management systems, particularly the associated L&D elements of planning, reviewing and evaluating employee performance.
- Equip Team Leaders and site HR/Training teams with better tools to talk to operational employees about multi-skilling and career pathing.
- Degree in Human Resources, Training, Adult Education or similar
- Certified Training & Development professional (CSTD, ASTD), Master Trainer, Performance Consultant
- Experience of working at a managerial level in commercial organizations (6 to 10 years)
- Exposure to working in Mexico, and/or other Latin American countries
- Previous experience in industries such as: Mining, Oil & Gas, Energy, Heavy Equipment, Construction or similar
Knowledge & Skills
- Spanish would be considered an advantage
- Experience in the needs analysis, design and delivery and evaluation of L & D programs appropriate for operational/manufacturing environment
- Well developed coaching skills for one-to-one development of Team Leaders
- Background in the design and roll-out of performance management systems
- Knowledge of People/HR Systems in a commercial setting
- Previous knowledge of Requisite Organization or Systems Leadership principles and concepts would be considered an asset.
If you are a qualified and experienced HR or Training professional, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.comPlease include in the subject line “Manager, People Development & Performance”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.