Manager, Organization Design Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: May 14, 2018
Torex is an intermediate gold producer based in Canada, engaged in the exploration, development and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes mining complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”), comprised of the El Limón, Guajes and El Limón Sur open pits, the El Limón Guajes underground mine including zones referred to as Sub-Sill, El Limón Deep and 71, and the processing plant and related infrastructure, which is in the commercial production stage as of April 1, 2016, and the Media Luna deposit, which is an early stage development project, and for which the Company issued a preliminary economic assessment in 2015. The property remains 75% unexplored.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Director, Organizational Effectiveness, the Manager, Organization Design will be a pivotal team member of the Corporate HR team. The purpose of the role is to design, implement and maintain a Company-wide organization design system that provides support to line managers in defining/clarifying the work of their areas so that organizational structures are optimized to deliver operational efficiency.
Key Deliverables of this Role
- Establish company-wide principles and standards for Organization Design.
- Develop Organization Design (OD) systems/frameworks that are fit for purpose, including: Role descriptions, role titling, organization charting, job classification, level classification and role evaluation.
- Continuously improve the Organization Design systems to fit with the Technical and Commercial aspects of the business strategy.
- Monitor and review OD systems to make sure they are delivering effectively against their purpose.
- Develop relevant metrics for OD systems, including governance and quality measures.
- Coordinate ‘best fit’ with other People Systems and HR programs, such as: recruitment, performance management, reward, etc.
- Produce all supporting materials associated with the OD systems.
- Train and develop HR teams and line managers in the concepts and principles of the Company’s Organization Design methodology.
- Provide role analysis, classification and evaluation services to committees and decision makers for all staff and unionized roles.
- Research, recommend and implement appropriate information systems to support Organization Design activity.
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Improvement, Industrial/Process Engineering or similar
- Certified professional in Organization Design
- Experience of working at a managerial level in commercial organizations (6 to 10 years)
- Previous experience in industries such as: Mining, Oil & Gas, Energy, Heavy Equipment, Construction or similar
Knowledge & Skills
- Spanish would be considered an advantage
- Experience in reward, job evaluation, or work system efficiency & effectiveness such as lean/quality/business process improvement
- Exposure to operational and unionized environments
- Consulting experience would be considered an asset
- ‘Engineering’ approach to identifying critical processes, the required work and generation of the proper structure and roles
- Previous knowledge of Requisite Organization or Systems Leadership principles and concepts would be considered an asset.
If you are a qualified HR or Business professional, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line “Manager, Organization Design”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.