Manager, Learning & Development Toronto, Canada
Date Posted: June 10, 2020
Torex Gold is an intermediate gold producer based in Toronto Canada, engaged in the exploration, development, and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes Mining Complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”) and the Media Luna deposit.
The ELG Mine Complex is a 14,000 t/day gold mine which has been in production since 2016 and comprises three open pits, an underground mine, and a CN/CIP processing plant. The Media Luna deposit (“ML deposit”) is an advanced stage development project which is located 7 kilometers south of the ELG Complex.
Torex is also developing a ground-breaking underground mining system called the Muckahi Mining System. The Muckahi Mining System is expected to deliver a considerable reduction in Cap Ex and Op Ex, and an even greater reduction in time between initial capital investment and revenue generation.
In the social aspect of the business, the Company is also committed to the leading-edge strategy of creating a workplace experience in which employees willingly give their best to achieve business outcomes. To accomplish this, Torex uses a body of knowledge known as Systems Leadership (an integrated set of organizational principles, models & tools) to guide the design and execution of our social process systems / programs that are focused on building positive and productive working relationships through constructive teamwork.
The Manager, Learning and Development position is based at our corporate office in Toronto, Canada and reports to the VP, Human Resources and Organization Effectiveness. The purpose of this role is to build the social process skills of our Team Leaders / Team Members such that productive working relationships are ingrained in the Company’s way of operating.
- Social Process Training Plans
- Develop annual learning plan(s) and budget in alignment with workplans for Operations and HR
- Plan and implement annual up-grades / enhancements to course design, training materials and Team Leader tools
- Training Program / Course Design
- Lead the design and development of the Company’s social process learning programs, for delivery in multiple channels i.e. classroom, digital, fire side chats, developmental assignments etc.
- Collaborate with external consultants and internal experts to create, tailor or purchase content for learning programs and training courses
- Create multi-lingual course materials for facilitators and participants
- Training Program / Course Delivery
- Co-design implementation plans and schedules in conjunction with Operations
- Project manage the execution of learning programs and adapt to adjustments in schedules, budgets and curriculums as required
- Partner with executive leaders, line managers and the Site OE team to facilitate programs / courses
- Learning Management Application
- Develop and administer the Company’s Learning Management Application
- Research and propose technology applications to improve the online learner experience and the effectiveness of learning programs
- Maintain learning materials in a standard SharePoint site for efficient access
- Learning & Development Consultation
- Partner with executive leaders, line managers, H S & Technical Training team & HR team to identify learning and development solutions that address skills and knowledge gaps
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) advice to HR, Technical Training and Management regarding how training should be delivered i.e. adult education principles & practices, best ways for people to learn and retain information etc.
- Establish strategic partnerships with external vendors to resource the development and delivery of training solutions and programs
- Social Process Training System
- Monitor the performance of the Social Process Training (SPT) system using controls
- Audit the operation of the (SPT) system to see if the system is healthy and operating as designed / intended
- Recommend the necessary improvements and action plans
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the HR and Operations team to co-design improvements to Operational and People Systems that link to the Social Process Training system
- Minimum eight years of experience in learning and development field
- Experience working in a unionized environment in industries such as: Mining, Oil & Gas, Energy, Heavy Equipment, Construction
- Experience working as a Manager with a team of direct reports
- Experience working as an internal consultant developing and implementing L&D initiatives in operations and support functions
- Experience facilitating training courses and learning sessions
- Experience administering and tailoring Learning Management Systems
- Experience using e-learning tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
- Sound knowledge and application of adult learning principles and processes
- Knowledge of Systems Leadership Theory or Requisite Organization an asset
- Spanish language skills an asset
- Strong project management and execution skills
- University Degree in Business, Organization Effectiveness, Process Improvement (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Professional certification in Adult Learning/Instructional Design or equivalent experience
If you are a qualified and experienced Learning & Development professional, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Manager, Learning & Development”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.