Feasibility Study Manager Toronto, Canada
Date Posted: April 9, 2019
Torex is an intermediate gold producer based in Canada, engaged in the exploration, development and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes mining complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”) and the Media Luna deposit. The ELG Mine Complex is a 14,000 tpd gold mine which has been in production since 2016 and which comprises three open pits, an underground mine, and a CN/CIP processing plant. The Media Luna deposit (“ML deposit”) is an advanced stage development project which is located 7 kilometers south of the ELG Complex. Current resource for the ML deposit is 51.5 Mt at a grade of 4.48 gpt Au Equivalent, Torex issued a Preliminary Economic Assessment in 2018. The property remains 75% unexplored.
Based in our offices in Toronto, Canada office and reporting to the Vice President, Projects; we are currently seeking a Feasibility Study Manager to build a team and lead the Feasibility Study to advance the Media Luna deposit from project to production. The Key deliverable of this role is to provide the information to allow Torex Executives to make an informed go/no go decision (Earlier Works and Full Construction) for Media Luna
Key Deliverables of this Role:
- The successful candidate will be accountable for building the Feasibility Study team. This team will be the one delivering a sound executable study in 2020.
- The Feasibility Study Manager, will participate in the development of the team’s organization and role descriptions supported by the Torex Human Resource team.
- Will also participate in the recruitment and selection process of the new talent and consultants.
- Delivery of the Media Luna Feasibility Study to enable an informed decision to by Torex Executive/Board on advancing Media Luna
- Feasibility study is 43-101 compliant, with integration to existing ELG Mine Complex
- The study delivered within target cost on schedule. The study must be completed in an inclusive manner, with direct input from ELG operations and Torex corporate team.
- Establish an early works program - Develop with ELG team an early works program to shorten schedule while minimizing risk to development of Media Luna.
- Generate Operational Readiness plan for the transition of the ML mine from project to operation.
- Operational readiness plan to address the need of the ELG Complex as ML is integrated into the existing operation covering mine, processing and site support services.
- Support/Participation in other company projects
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the mining industry
- University degree in engineering or geology
- Additional designation in Project Management or Operational excellences (PMP, Six Sigma Black belt or similar) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience building and managing multidisciplinary teams
- Successfully lead/managed underground mining feasibility study (+$50M CDN)
- Experience in working with remote team members (Mexico, Europe, Canada, etc.)
- Previous work with major capital projects (+$300M CDN) in an operational environment (brownfields)
- Experienced identifying needs of - and manage trade off studies to support the FS work.
- Direct experience with underground mine design and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work in a brown field environment. Establish working relationships between operational staff and design team, creating a bridge between study to operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of estimation accuracy.
- Financial understanding of current financial indicators (NPV, IRR etc.) and how best to manage them to lead to a success mine.
- Proven ability to set up teams for the transition from design to execution.
- Proven ability to develop and work to timeline and budget.
- Experience in successful receipt of government permits in mining projects.
- Experience in implementation of new concepts and technologies.
- English communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Functional knowledge or bilingualism in Spanish is preferred but is not essential.
If you are a qualified and experienced HR or Training professional, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Manager, Feasibility Study”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.