Environment & Corporate Social Responsibility Specialist Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: May 27, 2020
Torex Gold is an intermediate gold producer based in Toronto Canada, engaged in the exploration, development, and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes Mining Complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”) and the Media Luna deposit.
The ELG Mine Complex is a 14,000 tpd gold mine which has been in production since 2016 and comprises three open pits, an underground mine, and a CN/CIP processing plant. The Media Luna deposit (“ML deposit”) is an advanced stage development project which is located 7 kilometers south of the ELG Complex.
Concurrent with work on the Morelos Property, Torex is developing a new underground mining system called Muckahi. The Muckahi Mining System is currently undergoing field trials at the ELG UG mine. This mining system could significantly reduce the cost of underground mining giving Torex an incredible technical advantage in the industry.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Manager Environment & CSR, the Environment & CSR Specialist will be a team member of the Corporate Responsibility team. The purpose of the role is to administer the Environment and Corporate Responsibility systems to satisfy environmental regulatory requirements
Key Deliverables of this Role:
- CSR Reports Production
- Gather and consolidate information from the Environment, Finance, Community Relations, Public Affairs, Security and Health & Safety teams to draft the Corporate Responsibility reports.
- Research and submit information on the Company’s environmental, social, health and safety, and governance performance from internal stakeholders to the external consultant to draft the Sustainability Report.
- Draft reports on environmental risk mitigation, social risk mitigation and permitting compliance for lenders as required
- Fulfillment of Regulatory Requirements to Operate
- Monitor the execution of tasks assigned to employees and external consultants to acquire permits for Media Luna’s exploration program, construction and development
- Advise the Manager CR & Environment on the selection of consultants for environmental research studies
- Revise and recommend edits to contracts for consultants to the Manager CR & Environment for environmental research studies.
- Identify potential risks, validate risks with Superintendents and identify risk mitigation tactics related to social, environmental and permitting aspects.
- Monitor execution of tasks assigned to Technical Services and Environment departments to comply with ARO standards
- Identification and Mitigation of Environmental Risks
- Monitor environmental compliance dashboards to identify variances from environmental compliance standards
- Recommend solutions to address unacceptable variances from environmental compliance standards
- 5 to 8 years of experience in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Degree in Social science, Environmental science or related discipline
- Written and spoken Spanish language fluency is required
- Experience in extractive/resources industry is required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Corporate social responsibility and ESG
- Experience building CSR systems, processes and procedures
- Familiarity with environmental stewardship is considered an asset.
- Experience working cross-functionally to accomplish outcomes
- Experience drafting and delivering public presentations
- Experience writing ESG reports for the finance sector
- Exposure dealing with issues related to visible minorities & native populations is an asset
- Exposure to work in human rights related issues is an asset
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated document control skills
If you are a qualified and experienced CSR professional, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Environment & Corporate Social Responsibility Specialist”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.