Corporate Metallurgist Toronto, Canada
Date Posted: July 12, 2019
Torex is an intermediate gold producer based in Canada, engaged in the exploration, development and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes mining complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”), comprised of the El Limón, Guajes and El Limón Sur open pits, the El Limón Guajes underground mine including zones referred to as Sub-Sill, El Limón Deep and 71, and the processing plant and related infrastructure, which is in the commercial production stage as of April 1, 2016, and the Media Luna deposit, which is an early stage development project, and for which the Company issued a preliminary economic assessment in 2015. The property remains 75% unexplored.
El Limon-Guajes, our first mine, commenced production in 2016. This high grade, open pit gold mine has proven and probable reserves of 39.8 million tonnes at a grade of 2.59 gpt gold for a reserve of 3.3 Moz of gold. This year, we also produced from underground, the Sub-Sill deposit has indicated resources of 353,000 tonnes at an average Au grade of 7.82 g/t. The ELG mine including the Sub Sill resource provides an excellent platform for production and growth.
Based in our offices in Toronto, Canada office and reporting to the Director, Technical Services; The purpose of the Corporate Metallurgist role is to develop and execute a plan for the optimization of the ELG Process Plant, the resulting output of this plan will be used for Life of Mine Planning.
Key Deliverables of this Role:
- Identification and execution of optimization projects for our Process Plant. The successful candidate will be accountable for the generation of a 1-year plan which identifies projects, and execution strategy that enhance operation of the ELG Process Plant
- Implementation and completion of optimization projects. These projects will include both operational stabilization as well as enhancement projects
- Close association with corporate Mine Planning team to identify and plan projects
- Deliver process plant key performance indicators (to ensure a good data source for decision making)
- Life of Mine Planning for the ELG Process Plant
- Process Plant Representative to the “Media Luna” (ML) Project Team
- Understanding and agreement with recoveries and cost structure used in the ML Feasibility Study (FS)
- Understanding and agree early works and full project execution plan
- Involvement with ML FS team, and review of Technical Report and execution plans
- University degree in engineering, chemistry, mineral processing or metallurgy.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in the mineral processing industry
- QP or eligible for QP as defined by 43-101
- Experience working in operations for process plant
- Exposure to work in metallurgical test facilities
- Experience in assessing an operating plant to determine projects for optimization
Knowledge & Skills:
- Additional designation in Project Management or Operational excellences (PMP, Six Sigma Black belt or similar) considered an asset
- Bilingual English – Spanish preferred but is not mandatory
- Demonstrated experience managing processing plant projects, from lab tests to execution
- Direct experience with mineral processing design and operations
- Understanding of the business side of Mineral Processing balance of opex/capex and revenue.
- Ability to set up teams for the transition from design to execution.Ideally, the successful candidate has lived through the entire life of a project, from study to early works and full project execution.
- Proven ability to develop and work to timeline and budget.
- Experience in implementation of new concepts and technologies
If you are a qualified and experienced HR or Training professional, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Corporate Metallurgist”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.