Corporate Accountant Toronto, Canada
Date Posted: April 6, 2020
Torex Gold is an intermediate gold producer based in Toronto Canada, engaged in the exploration, development, and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes Mining Complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”) and the Media Luna deposit.
The ELG Mine Complex is a 14,000 tpd gold mine which has been in production since 2016 and comprises three open pits, an underground mine, and a CN/CIP processing plant. The Media Luna deposit (“ML deposit”) is an advanced stage development project which is located 7 kilometers south of the ELG Complex.
Concurrent with work on the Morelos Property, Torex is developing a new underground mining system called Muckahi. The Muckahi Mining System is currently undergoing field trials at the ELG UG mine. This mining system could significantly reduce the cost of underground mining giving Torex an incredible technical advantage in the industry.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Corporate Accountant is critical to providing complete and accurate financial information by prescribed deadlines. The purpose of the role is to prepare accurate monthly balance sheets for all Torex Canadian entities.
Key Deliverables of this Role:
- Input any changes to existing employees’ profiles and/or remuneration as necessary using Ceridian payroll software bi-monthly
- Set up new employees as needed and ensure that first payroll calculations are correct
- Reconcile net pay per Ceridian to bank account withdrawal
- Do a net pay comparison report from the prior payroll to note any changes
- Review the audit trail report to ensure all changes to standing data are appropriate
- Calculate expats payroll bi-monthly using excel spreadsheets for each employee
- Expat net pay are then entered into SAP
- Remit taxes owed in Canada to CRA and taxes owed in Mexico to the subsidiary for remittance
- Invoices are received already approved or are sent for approval by the respective department head
- Enter invoices into the Payable subledger in SAP
- Bi-weekly payments prepared either through SAP (for EFTs and cheques) and bank wires. Payments are then provided for approval and processing.
Financial Reporting and other
- Schedules are prepared monthly, and journal entries entered for Prepaids, Accruals (incl. bonuses), Depreciation, Payroll
- Prepare invoices and journal entries for intercompany entries and chargebacks.
- Prepare monthly Corporate Visa expense reports for Torex employees
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- CPA/CGA/Payroll designation or working towards it.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and recent experience with SAP.
- Experience using Payroll systems. (especially knowledge of Ceridian)
- Past experience with companies with multiple offices or locations will be considered an advantage.
If you are a qualified and experienced accounting professional, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com Please include in the subject line “Corporate Accountant”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.