Analyst, Organization Structure & Roles Toronto, Canada / Mexico
Date Posted: May 14, 2018
Torex is an intermediate gold producer based in Canada, engaged in the exploration, development and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company’s principal assets are the El Limón Guajes mining complex (the “ELG Mine Complex”), comprised of the El Limón, Guajes and El Limón Sur open pits, the El Limón Guajes underground mine including zones referred to as Sub-Sill, El Limón Deep and 71, and the processing plant and related infrastructure, which is in the commercial production stage as of April 1, 2016, and the Media Luna deposit, which is an early stage development project, and for which the Company issued a preliminary economic assessment in 2015. The property remains 75% unexplored.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Manager, Organization Design, the purpose of the Analyst, Organization Structure & Roles role is to provide support to all areas of the business in the definition/articulation of the work that exists in their areas, accurately translating that into agreed Role Description formats and Organization Charts, so that clarity is provided on ‘what’s my job’?.
This position will be a 12 to 18 month contract role, with possibility of extension.
Key Deliverables of this Role
- Work with Team Leaders and job holders to conduct analysis of work in departments, using focus groups methodology as well as individual job analysis interviews, in order to identify the tasks being carried out.
- Gather and analyze the data against the actual requirements of the business (strategy, operational targets, social targets, technical restraints, etc.).
- Translate obtained data into Role Descriptions and Organization Charts.
- Maintain a database of Role Descriptions and Org Charts, keep documents up-to-date and easily accessible.
- Provide services to various organizational projects so that the process of defining work and roles is aligned with Torex’s Organization Design requirements
- Train line managers and HR teams in the principles of Organization Design, and how to write and update Role Descriptions.
- Facilitate cross-functional checks to eliminate the duplication of work; clarify authority and accountability within roles and across borders.
- Prepare and present fully documented recommendations for sign-off by Department Managers.
- Fully fluent in Spanish and English. This is a mandatory requirement as the job will include constant communication with our Mexican operations
- Degree in Human Resources, Professional Credentials in Organization Design or possibly business process engineering/improvement
- Experience of working in Mexico, and/or other Latin American countries
- Previous experience in industries such as: Mining, Oil & Gas, Energy, Heavy Equipment, Construction or similar
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience working in operational/manufacturing environments
- Significant experience in job analysis, job evaluation, and work definition methodologies
- Good social process and communications skills, ability to interact effectively with Team leaders and workers at all levels.
- Previous knowledge of Requisite Organization or Systems Leadership principles and concepts would be considered an asset.
If you are a qualified and experienced HR or Training professional, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com Please include in the subject line “Analyst, Organization Structure & Roles”.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Back to the main Careers page, or press the Back button on your browser.